Sunday, September 21, 2008

My poor son, Trevor

A few weeks ago, Trevor hurt his neck during a football game. He didn't complain much at first. As the day passed he started to complain a little about his neck hurting. We were thinking he pulled a muscle or something and that he would start to feel better soon. The next day he was in a lot more pain and it was getting worse. I gave him some Motrin and sent him to school. That night he was in a lot of pain and the meds didn't seem to help much. I still didn't think much of it. The following morning I still sent him to school but he called me around 10 AM and wanted to go home. I left work and took him to the doctor. The doctor immediately put him in a neck brace and sent us to the hospital for x-rays. The doctor was/is worried he has a fractured disk in his neck. We have now been waiting 8 days for results and today we learn that they need to take more x-rays and possibly an CT scan. Ugh. I want to scream! Trevor is still in a lot of pain and we just want answers. Terry just took Trevor to the hospital again and we are waiting to hear from the doctor. I am on pins and needles. Is it more then a fractured disc? Will my baby ever play sports again? Will he have any side effects? Will it heal on it's own? so many questions and I don't feel like we are getting anywhere.

Please keep Trevor in your prayers and lets all hope for a speedy recovery and that he will not have any limitations once he heals.

No comments: